Friday, March 27, 2009

All Apologies



My dear TeenAngstPoetry.com fans, I must apologize to you. I have been a bad blogger. I have neglected this site and for that I am sorry.

TeenAngstPoetry.com began nearly 9 years ago in the winter of 2000, back before many of us even knew what a blog was. The site had its heyday in the early 00s and was meta blogged all over the interweb, this coincided with live comedy shows and both resulted in the publication of the anthology Teen Angst: A Celebration of REALLY BAD Poetry. Then there were tours, live theatre shows and even my solo show. It's been a wonderful journey, to be sure.

Sadly though, sometime in 2006 (or 2007) the original computer which TeenAngstPoetry.com was created on - some ancient Linux box system in the basement of my parents house- died and it took hundreds of glorious Teen Angst Poetry to its grave. Since no one could remember the original code the site had been created on (yes this was very pre-blog sites) I attempted to reinvent the site on blogger. I have since become more active in acting and writing which left this baby neglected. Nowadays archival sites like this are a dime-a-dozen and I have simply fallen behind the times, without the finances to make this site as fancy-dancy as it originally was.

As I am currently in the midst of completing a Masters Degree I am not able to post as often as I'd like to, but please keep e-mailing your Teen Angst Poems to teenangstpoet(at)gmail.com and I will get to them as often as I can.

I hope that you will continue to enjoy the Teen Angst Poetry on this site. I believe it is a wonderful reflection of our dramatic adolescent emotions and something we can all learn from. Please keep laughing at yourself and especially your hilarious teenage creations. If you are a teenager I know you may just relate to the poems you'll find here and hopefully find comfort in the fact that someone else does understand your pain.

Sincerely,

Sara Bynoe

Teen Angst the show can been seen in Vancouver and London. Check out www.TeenAngst.ca for full info.

No comments: