Friday, November 16, 2007

The Things I Hide

The Things I Hide

Pissed at the world, crying in pain,
Slowly dying in the life that I've made.
Laughing at jokes, pretending its okay,
Yet contemplating my death every other day.
No one warned me of these fears.
Closer to death every year.
Like the mascara pouring down my face,
I want to run away, leave this place.
Should I hold on or just let go,
To the things in head that no one knows?
I’ll pack a bag and then just run.
No one will notice until I'm gone.
Everyday I just paint on a smile.
I’ll let them pretend I'm okay for a while.
Though, they know I'm not who I used to be,
They still think I'm the same me,
When the truth couldn’t be farther away.
It’s all because I still act the same.
Laughing and joking about my checkered shoes.
Not knowing, this friend, they’re going to lose.
I lose my grip and finally fall.
No one saw this coming at all.

By: Anon.

No comments: