Friday, November 16, 2007

FAN MAIL

Ultimate Getaway
Sara Bynoe

Life is a worthless Journey through hell
Walking on hot coles which in turn scorch our souls
But death is freedom, a place with no pain and no joy
just peace
Death is the Ultimate getaway

Hi, Sara, I really liked this poem. After 10 years of religion, fundamentalism, post-religion, spirituality, mysticism and confusion, I have come to the conclusion that Hell is nothing but the fire that keeps our ignorant minds alive, and stops us from realizing the ultimate truth that "death is freedom", freedom from ignorance, from hell, as the great persion poet Hafiz says, "death is a favour to us, but our mind have lost their balance". So, I really feel that your poem is true.

Here is the full poem by Hafiz:

Deepening The Wonder

Death is a favor to us,
But our scales have lost their balance.

The impermanence of the body
Should give us great clarity,
Deepening the wonder in our senses and eyes

Of this mysterious existence we share
And are surely just traveling through.

If I were in the Tavern tonight,
Hafiz would call for drinks

And as the Master poured, I would be reminded
That all I know of life and myself is that

We are just a midair flight of golden wine
Between His Pitcher and His Cup.

If I were in the Tavern tonight,
I would buy freely for everyone in this world

Because our marriage with the Cruel Beauty
Of time and space cannot endure very long.

Death is a favor to us,
But our minds have lost their balance.

The miraculous existence and impermanence of
Form
Always makes the illumined ones
Laugh and sing.


'The subject tonight is Love -
60 wild and sweet poems of Hafiz'
Versions by Daniel Ladinsky


thank you Sara, I wish you Bliss and Love
Arlind, Kosovo

No comments: