Monday, November 19, 2007

FUNERAL OF INNOCENCE

FUNERAL OF INNOCENCE

An overwhelming pathos becomes impetus to this anthem of lament
I am an innocent dove, imploring for regain of my lost dynasty
where I laid eggs and my new ones opened their eyes.
An unknown apprehension of kites and falcons
led to the most irretrievable blunder on my part.
I reared a gluttonous serpent for guard of my best legacy.
It was nourished with the best of my daily findings.
Time passed and the count of my ova went down,
and so was with my offspring, just stains of blood remained.
Blame was laid on the vultures and their assaults,
and hence it placed an excuse for its inevitable stay.
The thought of migration stung me, since I loved my haven
a time came when I was declared an outcast from my heaven.
Why to express regrets for the nest when the tenants are gone!
Would that I had an eye to see through the common heresy and superstition.
On a bare shoot, I just flutter and weep over my folly.

By: Aamir Aziz

No comments: