Friday, November 16, 2007

FUTURE

FUTURE



I sit on the shore as the waves roll in.

Each one seems to speak to me.

Who are you and why are you there.

And are you where you should be.



I stare out at them in self defence

Denying I’m going no where.

But they just laugh and splash on the sand.

Why worry – when I know they don’t care.



I’m living and that’s what really matters.

At least that’s what everyone keeps telling me.

So why do I feel like I’m dying instead?

All I want is just to be free.



The wind is now whispering to me,

Why don’t you make up your mind.

Pick up the pieces and start again,

Go out and see what you can find.



It sounds like a good idea to me,

So I’ll do what the wind has said.

I’ll just go out and be myself,

With new ideas in my head.


By: Nancy Revie

No comments: